Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Bear's Heart


This heart arrived from Australia this week. Bear made it for me...the spiderweb roses are beautiful...I need to take lessons on making them from her. I always pull mine too tight..and they obviously need to be a lot looser.

I worked in the garden this morning. There were a few things I wanted to finish....I had late corn and beans to plant along with four tomatoes plants and four pimentos plants to set out. As I was finishing up setting the plants it started to sprinkle rain...I wanted to put the tomatoes cages over the plants too but when I looked up it was obvious that we were in for a down pour. So I'm still not done in the garden...I have some pole beans that I want to sow in the corn rows and the cages to put on the plants. We haven't seen the end of the rain our forecast is for chance of thunderstorm's the rest of the week. It's great for the garden but my yard is getting carried away...and the mower needs parts...I never seem to be able to get everything looking good at the same time. Does anyone else have this problem?

My Shasta daisies are starting to bloom...they need supports just didn't think of it soon enough. I also have Red Hot Pokers in bloom too...must take pictures and share them here.

1 comment:

Bhavani Harikrishnan said...

Yes Iris, I have the same problem as you. I can never get everything to look good at the same time either. If everything has to look good all the time all my energy get sapped - everything then becomes a chore and there is no real joy and no time for being creative. So I just make sure the essentials get done and then let my mood take over.
Good health and cheer to you and your family.